Lyme Disease is real, but it is often diagnosed in individuals who do not have it. This can lead to life-threatening complications from unnecessary and expensive treatment. Patients most in danger of receiving unnecessary and dangerous treatment are often diagnosed with “chronic lyme.” The treatment for “Chronic Lyme” can consist of high-dose I.V. antibiotic treatment, blood thinners, and dozens of other unnecessary medications and supplements. These treatments can cause severe and permanent damage. Any individual who has received a recommendation for this treatment should seek a second opinion and thoroughly investigate the recommended treatment protocol, means of diagnosis, and the physician recommending treatment.
Many individuals do not find out that they have been misdiagnosed with Lyme disease until after they have suffered the unnecessary treatments for “chronic lyme.” While some unscrupulous physicians charge patients tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars for unnecessary treatments, their patients and families are left physically and emotionally devastated.
Wright & Baughman, LLC has experience in helping our clients recover for the pain, suffering, emotional toll, and medical expenses of being misdiagnosed with lyme disease. We have:
- Investigated Lyme disease clinics that routinely prescribe I.V. antibiotics for “chronic lyme”
- Investigated unscrupulous laboratory practices that diagnose virtually everyone with lyme disease
- Obtained compensation for economic loss and pain and suffering for our clients
- Obtained a verdict against a Florida laboratory (Bowen Research and Training Institute) in excess of 23 million dollars
- Assisted Boards of Healing Arts in multiple states and the U.S. Attorneys’ office in investigating lyme disease misdiagnosis and treatment
If you or a family member has been injured by the misdiagnosis of Lyme disease or chronic illness, call us at (816) 373-2755.